Class parents are essential to the success of the student population at Demarest and we are looking for volunteers to join the 2019-2020 Class Parent Committee. Please review the information below if you are interested in becoming a class parent for your child’s class.
CLASS PARENT ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS:
- HSA Meetings – Must have attended a minimum of four (4) in the previous year AND must attend a minimum of four (4) during the current year.
- HSA Membership Dues – Must be paid for the current year.
- Must be a team player – It is important for class parents to adhere to the Demarest class party guidelines, work together with other class parents AND teachers to plan parties for their assigned grade level.
- HSA Events – Must have participated in a minimum of two (2) in the previous year AND must participate in a minimum of two (2) during the current year. Previous Class Parents: eligibility includes participation in the 2019 End of Year party.
- New to Demarest parents – Must meet requirements for current year only.
- Plan and participate in one of the classroom parties for your assigned grade/class (Halloween, Holiday, and Valentine’s Day)
- Participate in assigned activities during the 2020 End of Year party.
2019-2020 CLASS PARTIES
- Halloween (10/31/19), Holiday (12/20/19), Valentine’s Day (2/14/20) and End of Year (6/11/20, Rain Date 6/18/20).
- 1st – 2nd Grade – Teachers may reach out with a request for chips and water for Potato Day in March or April.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BECOMING A CLASS PARENT
- Please apply per your child’s grade/teacher via SignUp.com at https://signup.com/go/cqRYxot
- The link will close at 9PM on 9/20/19.
- We will review all of the candidates in terms of the eligibility and requirements above and will post the finalized 2019-2020 Class Parent list and assigned parties on the HSA website on 9/24/18. *
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Class Parent Coordinators (CPC)
RaQia Randall-Bouchard and LuAnn Mugnone
* Please note: We cannot troubleshoot personal phone or email technical issues related to accessing the sign up site. We cannot honor requests outside of the process above.