Class parents are essential to the success of the student population at Demarest and we are looking for volunteers to join the 2018-2019 Class Parent Committee. Please review the information below if you are interested in becoming a class parent for your child’s class.
CLASS PARENT ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS:
● HSA Meetings – Must have attended a minimum of four (4) in the previous year AND must attend a minimum of four (4) during the current year.
● HSA Membership Dues – Must be paid for the current year.
● Must be a team player – It is important for class parents to adhere to the Demarest class party guidelines, work together with other class parents AND teachers to plan parties for their assigned grade level.
● HSA Events – Must have participated in a minimum of two (2) in the previous year AND must participate in a minimum of two (2) during the current year. Previous Class Parents: eligibility includes participation in the 2018 End of Year party.
● New to Demarest parents – Must meet requirements for current year only.
● Plan and participate in one of the classroom parties for your assigned grade/class (Halloween, Holiday, and Valentine’s Day)
● Participate in an assigned activity during the 2019 End of Year party.
2018-2019 CLASS PARTIES
● Halloween (10/31/18), Holiday (12/21/18), Valentine’s Day (2/14/19) and End of Year (6/13/19).
● 2nd Grade – Teachers may reach out with a request of chips and water for Potato Day in April.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BECOMING A CLASS PARENT:
● Please CLICK HERE to apply per your child’s grade/teacher via SignUpGenius.com at
● The site will open at 7:00 PM on 9/17/18 and will close at 9:00 PM on 9/21/18.
● We will review all of the candidates in terms of the eligibility and requirements above and will post the finalized 2018-2019 Class Parent list and assigned parties on the HSA website on 9/24/18. *
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
Class Parent Coordinators (CPC)
RaQia Randall-Bouchard and LuAnn Mugnone
* Please note: We cannot troubleshoot personal phone or email technical issues related to accessing the sign up site. We cannot honor requests outside of the process above.