What is a Tricky Tray?
A Tricky Tray is an event of chance. For those who attend, raffle tickets are purchased and placed in containers for the items they hope to win. One person can put as many tickets as they want in a container for a specific basket/item to increase their odds of winning.
Any Information on This Year’s Tricky Tray?
Absolutely! This year’s event will be held on Thursday, April 9, 2020 at Hanover Manor in East Hanover. We will have over 200 baskets and prizes (Level 1 and 2 Baskets and, Grand and Super Grand Prizes) as well as a 50/50 Raffle, Door Prizes, and up to 2 other separate Raffles. It is a fun filled night with many laughs among parents, teachers, and friends!
The Tricky Tray fundraising event is Demarest Home and School Association’s (HSA’s) largest and most profitable fundraiser; therefore, we need everyone’s help to make it a big success!
Click here for Event Flyer.
What do you do with the money?
100% of the proceeds go towards improvements for the Demarest community. Our mission is to establish and maintain a collaborative working relationship with the professional staff and administration of Demarest Elementary School for the explicit purpose of supplementing and enriching the educational, emotional, social, and learning experience of the students attending Demarest School. All proceeds of this event will go towards our annual contributions to the school such as library support, teachers’ wish list items, assembly and enrichment programs, basketball clinic (2nd-3rd) and league (4th-6th), reduced field trip costs, student birthday recognition, school beautification projects, summer arts workshop scholarships, special projects such as basketball rim and/or
Where do you get the prizes?
Hundreds of letters are mailed to potential donors, follow-up phone calls made & local businesses receive an in-person plea. Parents donate money towards Grade Baskets, many also donate prizes on behalf of their family or graduating sixth grader & some of our most popular prizes come from teachers. The remaining is at the expense of the HSA.
How can I help?
- Buy a Ticket: Be ready – first come, first serve. CLICK HERE to purchase your admission and game tickets.
- Support your Grade Basket: Each grade will be represented in our Event Program. You can donate item(s) per assigned grade theme or monetary donations are accepted in any amount.
- Donate a Basket/Prize: Have your family, business, neighborhood, or any specific organization represented in our Event Program. Basket/Prizes or monetary donation are accepted.
- Sponsor a Table: Table sponsorship is available in many categories. Have Your Name or Business Name/Logo displayed showing your support of our efforts
- Donate Wicker Baskets: No need for new, can be gently used.
- Volunteer! Email us at TrickyTray@demaresthsa.org and let us know you want to help and we will let you know where help is needed or let us know if you have something specific in mind.