Are you knowledgeable about basic basketball skills and drills and can you teach kids the fundamentals of basketball in a fun environment and encourage good sportsmanship? If you answered “YES” to these questions, then please consider volunteering to help coach one of our two basketball programs!
2nd – 3rd Grade Basketball Clinic
- Every Mondays from January 9 – March 27 (except January 16th and February 20th)
- One (1) hour per week on Mondays (5-6 pm for 2nd Grade / 6-7 pm for 3rd grade)
Download PDF: http://demaresthsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/2-3-Grade-Basketball-Volunteers-UPDATED.pdf
4th – 6th Grade Basketball
- The season will kick off in November with preseason workouts and coach orientations.
- Practices will run from the middle/end of November through March. Games will be held on Saturdays, either at Demarest or Oakview, and will begin in early January.
- We have openings for coaches for the 4th grade girls and 6th grade girls/ boys.
- The league competes against the elementary schools in Bloomfield.
- You can have between one (1) and two (2) practices a week.
- Practice Times: 4th Grade (3:30p.m.-5 p.m.) 5th and 6th (5:00 p.m.-6:30 p.m. or 6:30 p.m.-8p.m.) Practice Timeslots will be discussed at coaches meeting.
Download PDF: http://demaresthsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/BB-4-6-Coach-UPDATED.pdf